Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Off Topic: Life underwater...



A little off topic ....but did you know you could feed the fish at the top of my page?!

A picture of my small 14 Gallon BioCube at the office. A bit dirty as I haven't changed the water in about a week but everything's doing fine. Added some new freshly fragged coral from my main tank at home which I'll do another post for some other day. I'm a bit crazy when it comes to the Aquarium/Fish keeping hobby. I have many, many, many fish tanks...my largest at 240 gallons. I've recently been really into Reef keeping as the challenge is creating a whole ecosystem. Everything must be balanced and maintained for the ecosystem to mature, allowing the growth of their own food supply cycle.

In some future posts I'll get into coral care and what their requirements are. Certain conditions are needed for specific coral to thrive. Most being light conditions and placement. If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to help. I'm experienced in all fields of this aquatic hobby from freshwater to reef keeping.


-Kevin @ 415Racewurkz




Tank Specs & Mods:

14 Gallon BioCube
Lid removed
Custom Acrylic Top w/ Feeding hole
Kessil LED Lighting 15k "Ocean Blue"
JBJ Auto Top off
Upgraded return pump
Custom Refugium in chamber 2
False wall removed
Koralia Nano Circulation pump 

Coral:

Frogspawn (Green w/ purple tip)
Pulsing Xenia
Pom Pom Xenia
Starburst Star Polyps
Australian Duncans
Green Bali Slimer
Green Tip Birdsnest
Pink Pallys
Sunfire Orange Mushrooms

Inhabitants:

2x Bali WC Clownfish
Blue leg hermits / Red leg hermits
Cerith / Astrea / Nessarius Snails


No comments:

Post a Comment